Friday, December 7, 2012

Style me Friday with Fashionista Next Door


Thank God its Friday! Im not sure what it was about this week but man am I glad its the weekend. The weather throughout the week was pretty beautiful all along the east coast, so that was def a plus. I was able to do some yard work on those nice days and get some of lights prepared for the Christmas decorations outside! Its something about spring weather in the early part of winter that brings a smile to my face and makes me want to be productive lol.

Anywhoo, last week Eboni started the Style Me Friday Link Up in which she posts a pic on Monday of the look she will be recreating and invites readers of her blog to join in on the fun! By that friday you share your recreated version of the look that was posted and the following week it starts again. If you are familiar with her weekly Style Me Friday posts then you already know that this girl has great style and her creations are pretty cool. This week's inspiration was a Utility Vest and Leather pants which is pretty simple to recreate into your own and it doenst have to be exactly like the inspiration post. 


I didnt have a Utility Vest so I opted to use my utility type jacket (but after this post it kinda made me want to buy one, how cute?), and although my bag isnt a plum color the shape of it is very similar. As for these "leather" pants with cotton side panels, I bought them about 1-2 months ago and have never worn them *sigh* but I guess participating in this allowed me bring these babies out! 


Old Navy Sweater| Target Jacket (old)| Zara Bag| Target Leather Pants| Arturo Chiang Booties (old)

This was a super fun post to do and pretty easy to recreate because I already had the items in my closet!! I feel it gives you a different way to look at the clothes you already have and pair them with so many other possiblities. I hope you guys try it out next week!!

Hugs and Love :)

2 comments:

  1. Yaaaaay!!! GREAT JOB with your look. I totally agree with you. Sometimes you guys remind me of stuff that's just collecting dust in my closet, and give me ideas on how to wear them.

    Thanks for participating!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome outfit! You got a great taste, and your blog is really fun to read! Please check out my new post and tell me what you think, it means a lot to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading I really appreiciate it!!
xo :)

Love, Kenzie leigh